Saturday, January 17, 2009

Half Marathon 2009

I ran my first half marathon today 13.1 miles in 2 hr 27 min. What a fun, yet exhausting experience. I had a friend (Karrie) I trained with for the past 10 weeks and that was what made it possible for me. Although you can't tell I am the one trailing in the back, actually I was trying to catch up to another friend from Vegas (not Karrie). My competitive side wouldn't allow her to beat me so I had to leave Karrie and book it to finally catch up to Callie at the finish line! Way to go Callie and Karrie!!!!
We won these amazing medals....ha ha they actually gave one to anyone and everyone who crossed the finish line.


Silas brought the girls to watch me finish, isn't he the best husband ever. Navey was having too much fun collecting rocks and pine cones that she really wasn't too interested in taking a picture, but she did anyway.
Thanks Navey

McKenna wasn't too sure what to think of her sweaty mom.



WE DID IT!





14 comments:

Jaimie said...

Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment. I am so proud of you. My mom and Aunt Joan ran a half marathon together years ago... I thought they were soooo cool. I would love to do that someday... you are an inspiration!

Em said...

First off can I just say you look like you are 19 maybe 20 now a days, Second you are so amazing and inspiring and motivating and I want to be just like you!!!!!! Thanks for being a good example and for just being you!

Trent and Amy said...

good for you!!!!! I will do that someday! you look awesome.

The Allen Family said...

Mel I am so proud of you! What a little runner you are!!!! I wish I thought running a marathon was fun. Love ya. Good job!

Nathan and Shanna said...

Good job to you! I can't even imagine running a marathon! Way to go!

Jana said...

Mel,
That is so great!I am amazed and proud of yoiu.
You've got spunk!!

Suelyn said...

Atta girl!! I'm so sad I missed it. I feel like a crappy sister. I'm so proud that I'm your sister though... holy smokes... that was many many miles you ran!! Good job! See you soon :)

angie said...

holy cow woman!! i'm happy if i run for 10 minutes without stopping!! UR AWESOME!

changing subjects for a sec...i finally got a hair straightener (CHI on ebay $66) and i LOVE it! thanks for the super cute haircut!!!

Sadie said...

You are amazing!!! congrats on your accomplishment!

Dusty and Carol said...

Way to go Melanie! That is awesome - if you are around here July 4th you should run the Neola Half Marathon :)

Ruth said...

You're awesome! Craig has started running again. I think a half marathon is in the back of his mind. We'll see.

Katie Hansen said...

Wow, Melanie. That's awesome! I'm so proud of you for doing that.

Ruth said...

Mel that is awesome. I am so proud. My sister has been pushing me to train to do marathons and I have told her to pound sand until this year. I have been training now for 6 weeks. I had a two week setback with a pulled calf muscle but back to training. You are Awesome.

Uncle Craig

kristina said...

That's awesome! Congrats! How about you start training for a triathlon so that we can do it together?? I'm serious.