Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Latest & Greatest



I have been looking at everyones blogs lately and realized that since I am going to be useing this as a scrapbook someday I probably should journal more than I do.
Navey, Navey, Navey, what more can I say. She is the life of the party, and the energy that keeps all of us going. She can be the most amazing big sister, so kind and thoughtful. If in the right mood, her and McKenna can play for quite a while. Navey has just started a chore chart with stickers, and she is doing absolutely amazing. She is now making her own bed, cleaning her room, playing nicely with her sister and friends, vacuuming, being a princess (basically not screaming and doing helpful things)and getting ready for the day all by herself. She has earned a trip for ice cream with her first 50 stickers, and at 100 she gets a movie night at home with mom and dad, and then 200 stickers she gets to go to the movies. She is oh so willing to do anything for a sticker. Navey is in preschool 2 days a week and is learning so quickly, she is sight reading a few words, sounding out others, learning to be kind to all her friends, listening to the teacher and following the rules, I am so proud of her. She will be 5 in April and the only thing she is constantly reminding me of is that she doesn't want to go to kindergarten because she will have to get a shot. She had a friend tell her all about her shot before she went into
kindergarten and Navey just can't seem to let that fear go, dang it!
Navey also loves being out doors. We are having some great weather lately and oh what a joy to send them out back and let them play. Navey keeps us on our best behavior, doesn't let us use bad words, and is for the most part trying her hardest to be cooperative. We sure do love her.



McKenna is 20 months now, and trying so hard to be a big girl. She loves to play with Navey whenever she gets the chance, or when ever Navey will let her. She is saying many words that only a mother can understand. She loves to be outdoors playing with our dog and cat, or just being outdoors. Kenna's new thing is to constantly give you a hug and a big kiss on your leg, foot, arm, face, wherever she can reach at the moment. One of the many routines we have is getting ready for a bath. McKenna has learned that her big sister brushes her teeth, and goes to the potty before she gets into the tub, so of course Kenna does the same. As soon as we walk into the bathroom she says "teeth", then after she finds the little potty seat and sits on the toilet, doesn't do a thing and then says, "all done, all done". McKenna is the best sleeper, bless her little heart for taking such wonderful naps everyday, and for also going to bed at 7:00pm and not getting up until 7:30am. She is such a little angel, but with a little temper as well. Who wouldn't need a little spit fire in them when they are the youngest, and can see that to be heard at times you have to be a little loud!

6 comments:

camille swain said...

Two things
1-That was a great idea you had to journal a little about what each of them is doing right now. I might have to copy you within the next few weeks. One day you will laugh about the chart for Navey and what she was earning. Do you remember when we had a chart like that. I know I earned a barbie bike at the end of mine. IT was way exciting!!
2-What in the heck are you doing making a post at 4:58 in the morning! Have you lost your mind!!!

The Allen Family said...

I was so sad I couldn't come see you last night. Your girls are so dang cute and I can't believe how big they are! I miss little miss Navey. I haven't seen her for a while.

Katie Hansen said...

I'm with Camille, what in the world are you doing up so early in the morning and please don't say running and make me feel guilty. You're girls are beautiful and it sounds like they're a lot of fun for you. When will you be in Roosevelt next?

Melanie said...

For the RECORD our clock must be off on the blog because it was 5:58. And yes Katie sorry I was running. Silas has to be to work by 6:00 so I have to run @ 5:00, but only two days a week. I am doing a 50 Mile relay next weekend with 5 other girls we each run 2 legs of 5 miles, so I am trying to train. I will be in Roosevelt for Brett's baptism on the 28th of March.

Jaimie said...

That was so much fun to read. I love that you made a post all about them at these darling ages. Great post. Loved it.

Suelyn said...

Oh my gosh... I'm so depressed right now. You have no idea. I feel like I'm a part of their life right now and that's going to slip away. I'm so sad!! I love your little family!