Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day


I woke up yesterday morning to a very excited 4 year old wondering if I had any "green" on. Yep, she got me with a great PINCH! McKenna woke up shortly after and Navey was quick to see that Kenna didn't have any green on either so she gave her a much softer pinch. You can imagine how the day went from there. I try to make these simple holidays memorable so for breakfast we had green icing for our toaster strudles and green milk.

If you look close we had to slip a green hair elastic around Kenna's wrist to avoid her getting pinched more than once.

Then for their bath I put in green food coloring. McKenna loved it, this was the first time she has had a colored bath.

Navey invited her darling friend Annabelle over to decorate cookies. They had such a great time playing in the flour, rolling out the dough, and then frosting their assortment of rainbow colored cookies. What a day!

7 comments:

Jaimie said...

What a fun mom. I didn't do a single thing for st. patricks day. I love that you did a colored bath. I've never done that. You rock Mel.

Nathan and Shanna said...

What a fun mom! I don't usually do anything, but this year I did put green food coloring in our meals for the day! Kids liked it anyway! Thanks for sharing!

camille swain said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm sure Navey loved the day of green. You get to do such fun things when kids haven't started school yet. Enjoy every moment you can because there will be days when you really miss the simple life.

Melanie said...

blurb.com (just a note for me to remember)

Suelyn said...

Cute cute cute!!! It looks like they LOVED it! I love the toaster strudle Idea. good one!! I'm excited to see u tomorrow!

Elisa said...

You are such a GOOD MOM! I love all the fun things you did with your girls on St. Pattys day! Sorry I missed my hair cut- that day was a complete nightmare! I think I'm going to have to schedule them earlier in the day. My babes go to bed at 7.

Ruth said...

Fun day! We had corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. Our usual. I made split pea soup the next day. My favorite memory is when we fed the missionaries on St. Patrick's Day. We had green pancakes, green eggs, green syrup, and green milk. It was awesome! We were a journal entry for sure that day!