Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Navey's 1st Race

These pictures aren't in order...dang it! Navey had her first 1k race last saturday. She has been asking to run with me for quite a while so this was perfect. She asked me to hold her hand the whole way which was good so I could PULL her along. A 1k is barely 1/4 of a mile if that, basically is't around the block. Anyway about 3 minutes into it Navey tells me she is tired and needs a rest, so I assume she wanted to walk. Before I knew it she had let go of my hand and was attempting to SIT down on the sidewalk. I chuckled and told her it was a race and we couldn't be last. She did so good, at the end she decided to let go and beat me to the finish line of course. She got her own medal, which she informed me was just plastic, but cool anyway, a water bottle and a fun bouncy ball. What a fun morning!




6 comments:

Em said...

You look like Carrie Underwood! So I'm going to try to get a big group together for a girls night before Kels moves what day works best for you?


Congrats to Navey a finished race is a finished race!

Suelyn said...

Go Navey!!! Atta girl! That's awesome!!!!!

Jaimie said...

That's so awesome you two did that together. How fun. You look absolutely amazing Melanie.

camille swain said...

Way to go Nave!! I'm proud of you.

angie said...

you're such a good example to your little girls. these days it's so hard for girls to feel confident and have good self-esteem... but doing things like that is PERFECT! i want my girls to do a race like that.

Sadie said...

Great Job Navey!!!! You're such a cool mom Mel