Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sea World

Sea world was very HOT but a lot of fun. We got to see Shamu, the dolphins, seals, and many more animals. The kids had a really great time, even though we were all dying of HEAT. The raft ride opened after 12:00 so we all went on that to cool off. I got DRENCHED! Yes my hair was a mess, and yes I was trying my hardest to be ok with it all. Yea for ponytails!



This picture is to remind me of how pitiful McKenna was. She got heat exhaustion, and severly dehydrated in Sea world. The temp was 91 degrees plus, and she became very lathargic and wouldn't eat, drink or walk. That night we constantly gave her liquids, and tylenol she was much better by the next morning.






6 comments:

Jaimie said...

This is so much fun to see all your pictures from your California trip. I had heard from Camille that you and some of your sisters were making this trip together. I've just been waiting to hear all about it and see pictures. It looks like you guys had so much fun. What a fun vacation, and how neat to make those memories together. I got a hoot out of you getting drenched and saying you tried so hard to be ok with that. That's totally how I would be. You look good in that ponytail though. Don't you just love Sea World. We have one here and have enjoyed it so much.

Melinda said...

Oh how fun!! I am so jealous! I need a vacation! Looks like you all hada blast, despite the heat exhaustion. And you look cute with a ponytail:) YOu have nothing to worry about!!

camille swain said...

It's so fun to see your pictures of this vacation! Oh my heck we had such a BLAST!!! We're definutely still recovering from all the driving. Is there any way you could send me some of the pics of my kids that you and Trees took. I didn't end up getting any of those. THANKS!!

Nathan and Shanna said...

I love seeing the pictures from your California trip. It is so awesome that you've created such memories with family members. I can't believe that you can get drenched and still look so good! You and all your sisters are amazing!

Ruth said...

Ok, I'm pretty sure you had to drive through Las Vegas to get there. What the heck! Next time, STOP! Even if it's just for a quick potty break. You know we're only a couple of miles from the freeway, and now there's an exit right by us. (Silverado Ranch Exit) Seriously though, glad you had fun. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, California!

Suelyn said...

The pictures are awesome!! I wish I could have gone! Looks like tons of fun!!! Poor little Kenna :( That makes me sad for her. I'm glad she got better over night.