Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon 13.1miles

No Pictures Yet......but Silas and I just finished our Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon today! Crazy you say, YES, but lots of fun. We went up Friday night and stayed in a KOA Kabin with our friends Mel and Corey. It had a double bed and bunk beds,very cozy! Saturday morning we woke up after the third phone alarm and Mel's beautiful voice singing " it's time to wake up"at 4:15 am. Yes you read it right AM! The race started at the top by Ruby's Inn and ended in Cannonville. We had about 7 couples from our neighborhood go and run. Silas did ABSOLUTELY AMAZING; this was his first and he ran it in 1 hour and 41 minutes. WOW! I am the proud wife of a FAST runner! I came in a bit later at 2 hours and 4 minutes. But I did beat my last half marathon by 2 minutes and thats all that counts! Hopefully I can get a picture of us to show here soon!

9 comments:

Jaimie said...

Wow. That is so awesome! How fun that you and your husband did that together.

kristina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hear that the course is beautiful-- that's an awesome pace Mel, Silas isn't the only fast runner in your family, give yourself some credit!

Em said...

You're my inspiration!!!!! I am so impressed with you! Great job on both of your times they are excellent!

Sadie said...

you two are absolutely amazing. Congrats on your accomplishment!!!!

Katie Hansen said...

Good Job!!! I'm so proud of you.

Nathan and Shanna said...

That is just amazing! I'm so glad that you did so well!

Suelyn said...

YOU ROCK MEL!!! WOO WEE! AND GO SI!!!!! (I'll just be your personal cheer leader). One of these days we are gonna come watch you run!.... Or if we get motivated enough all 4 of us should do one together. I know Todd would want to. He's crazy like you jk lol Anyway, ROCK ON! or... RUN ON!

Cory Reese said...

I still have Silas' dust in my teeth.

The Allen Family said...

You guys are amazing! I sure do miss ya!