Friday, October 16, 2009

St. George Marathon 2009


Funny little story: Jess and I were waiting at the Snow Canyon State park at mile 16 for Shelly to come by and read our sign. I had Jess hold a bottle of water just in case Shelly needed some while I was taking pictures. Well Jess decided that Shelly wouldn't want it so she put it in her purse. Well as Shelly was headed toward us she had this look which meant "where's the water". We did get it to her with only a few seconds that passed by.

Just in case you can't see the pink writing.....it reads "Mel was here too" :)

Shelly made her goal and qualified for Boston. YEA!

Shane and Karrie N. I am amazed at anyone who can complete 26.2 Miles.

Shelly, Shane, and Karrie are 3 of the runners that I run with during the week in the early, early mornings. I decided to not run for numerous reasons which are all good reasons if you ask me. First of all anyone who runs 26.2 miles is a little crazy, I wanted to be able to walk to day after the marathon, and training would have been too difficult with my little darlings being so young and Silas having to work so early in the morning.

2 comments:

Dansie Family said...

no excuses. next year is your year.

The Thomas Gang said...

People that run that far are crazy, and it hurts the body. But a person who trains someone to run that far and then doesn't run the marathon is even crazier. You did almost as much as us! Maybe next year! :) I will hold the sign for you this time.